Cooking On A Budget: Fourth of July No Bake Cheese Cake

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fourth of July No Bake Cheese Cake

Yum
There are many recipes out there for no bake cheese cakes and this one is just great for a fourth of July celebration. I'm showing you Chef John's video as I think the visual aide helps. At least it does me.






Feeds 12 people.

For the crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
  • 6 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

For the filling:
  • 2 cups (1 pound) cream cheese (I used half regular and half mascarpone)
  • 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup white sugar

Hope you enjoy making this. I might have to add this to my list of foods to make this week.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...