Jam Filled Muffins



As I have said before in my blog, I am a better cook than a baker; however, when I awoke and visited my usual blogs and saw wonderful muffins a friend from Australia baked I just knew I had to have some muffins today. So I scoured my Williams Sonoma Muffin cookbook and found a very simple recipe that sounded delicious. I had all of the ingredients on hand so I made them and right now they are baking as I write.

Jam-Filled Muffins
slightly adapted from Williams Sonoma
Makes 12 muffins
Baking time: 20-25 minutes at 375°

I left out one ingredient I am not fond of but will add it in the recipe below. Also it called for unsalted butter which I did not have, so I used salted butter and went really scant on the amount of salt.



You will need a seedless jelly, jam, or preserve (12 heaping teaspoons)

In a bowl mix these dry ingredients together:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
In another bowl combine the wet ingredients:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 6 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 1/4 cups sour cream
  1. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand. Do not over mix. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
  2. Line a muffin tin with paper holders. Fill 1/3 with batter. Then put a heaping teaspoon of jelly, jam or preserve in. (Layer in more of the jam if you want)
  3. Finish off with batter all the way to the top of the tin.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 375° oven.
  5. Cool for 5 minutes then unmold the muffins. Serve warm or at room temperature.




I am hoping for some shrinkage here as they cool so they will come out of the pan easily. You can see how much they spread!




Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts