Teriyaki Sirloin Tips

My Teriyaki sauce which I developed is really good. However a friend and I may consider a partnership down the road to one day bottle it. It did not work out for me years ago, but it could go to market one day. So for that reason I can't give out the recipe as I've made a verbal, hand shake commitment.
So, for the sake of this post, I'll ask you to use your favorite Teriyaki sauce. Marinating these steaks to get maximum flavor takes under an hour.
You can choose to grill them as shown here. Grill on high heat for just a few minutes on one side until they easily lift on their own. Start with an extremely clean grill and be sure to spray it with cooking spray to avoid sticking. These were done on the grill as I was having supper with my daughter at her home while my husband was out golfing.


The other method I used was to get my cast iron skillet smoking hot over high heat with just a touch of olive oil in the pan. I put the strips in the hot pan and added about 2 tbsp. of the Teriyaki sauce to the pan and turned the heat down to medium high. Rolled them around with my tongs, seared them for about 1 1/2 minutes, turned them over and did that for the second side.
Just look at the wonderful caramelization that occurred by doing that. Due to the high heat that these steaks were searing over, I actually used some of the sauce the meat was marinated in. I do not however recommend this if you are grilling - baste with fresh sauce if need be. I left them rare as my husband was golfing and would reheat them later on for dinner.


To round out dinner, my daughter prepared summer squash and zucchini on the grill. Simple olive oil, salt and pepper. She sliced the squashes and drizzled on the oil and spices then grilled until they were crisp, tender.


I've enjoyed these times dining with her while my husband golfs. The great thing is neither of us wanted a starch so a little bit of steak and a heaping amount of veggies was fine with us. She even had a strip left over to warm up. I did bake a potato for my husband as he is an avid meat and potatoes kind of guy.

Adding up the cost for the steak, the amount of sauce used, veggies from the garden, a baked potato and a few spices, the cost per person for four people came to $2.26 per person. It may be higher for you if you have big meat eaters in your family. My husband ate two strips and like I said my daughter and I each had one and there was one left.



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts