These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are not overly sweet. In fact they are just right. The lightly crisp exterior is balanced out with the moist and chewy inside. What makes this recipe great is that you probably all ready have the ingredients in your pantry to put them together; there's no oddball ingredients needed. They come together quickly, bake in under 15 minutes and you are on your way to cookie heaven.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix until well incorporated and add the butter and sugar to the dry ingredients.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix well and then drop one tablespoon of the cookie batter on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. I used my 1 1/2 inch scoop.
- Flatten the cookies with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 12-15 minutes.
This batch made 24 cookies and the total cost to make them was $4.16, nets to 17¢ each.