Chocolate Pancakes. Can you say Sunday morning breakfast yum? The cost is so minimal. The ingredients are few. Cooking On A Budget Style - just for you.
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima® Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. confectioners sugar + some for sprinkling
- Crisco or a cooking spray
- fruit on the side (optional)
- In a bowl add the pancake mix, cocoa powder, confectioners sugar and water. Whisk all together until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- In a heated and lightly greased skillet according to the box directions, cook your pancakes on one side until you see bubbles forming on the edge. Flip over and cook for about 20-30 seconds more.
- Plate up and use syrup and butter or just a sprinkling of the confectioners sugar.
By the way, the total cost for the pancakes is $2.78. Makes 10-12