Country Fried Chicken Tenders



I love my new little home fryer. It's the perfect size for frying up enough for the two of us and I have wanted to get one forever. I found the Farberware fryer at Wal Mart for a little under thirty dollars.
The other night I decided to take some of the chicken tenders I purchased and make us some fried chicken. They came out well for a first attempt using my new fryolator.
I think I might have to revert back to a recipe I got from a friend many years ago which included using Old Bay Seasoning and Lowry's Season Salt.  Her recipe was outstanding. I can remember that my first time making her recipe for fried chicken I spaced out on the fact that I already has a "seasoned salt" in the flour and added salt. Ye gads, what a salty disaster that was!
On my second attempt I was using a pot heated with oil and it was so difficult to regulate the temperature so the outside didn't burn and the inside was cooked. I happily gave up the idea of Fried Chicken for many years until I got this fryer. Now I don't have an excuse. Since I love chicken wings - when I can get them on sale that will be my next Fried Chicken venture.
This recipe is simple and there's not a whole lot of ingredients. The tenders fried up nicely at 350° in about 10 minutes. Feel free to jazz up the recipe to your own tastes by adding in other spices. That's what cooking is all about anyway.
  • 7 chicken tenders (or use boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut into strips)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  1. Wash your chicken under cold water and thoroughly dry. If using tenders, take a knife and work out that ugly yellow tendon in the strip.
  2. In a dish beat together the eggs and milk.
  3. In another dish add the flour and dry spices and mix well.
  4. Heat your oil to 350°.
  5. Dredge each piece in the flour, then the egg and back in the flour and place on a plate.
  6. Fry each piece turning once or twice during the cooking time until a deep golden brown.
  7. You can check the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant read thermometer. Remove a piece of the chicken to a paper towel lined plate - it should read 165° when inserted at the thickest part of the tender. 
  8. The tenders should take about 8-10 minutes to cook.
Serve along side your favorite rice dish, potato salad or with some cole slaw for a solid meal.



Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts