With the price of a bag of Doritos® at $4.99 and teenage sons who can devour a whole bag in one sitting, maybe it's time to look at making some home made chips yourself. For just a small batch make the recipe as is, for a larger batch double the ingredients.
- 6 taco sized tortillas
- oil for frying
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Blend all the spices and the Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Cut your tortillas as you would a pizza, making triangles.
- Fry in small batches, turning over as they brown slightly. Only takes about a minute or so to fry them.
- When they come out of the fry basket, drain off the excess oil and place the fried chips in a paper bag and toss in the spice and shake well to coat.
A little healthier way is to lightly oil both sides of the chip, sprinkle with the seasoning and bake in the oven (I would use a regular olive oil).