Mother's Day Dinner



The weather cooperated and the day was stunning. Bright blue skies, warm sunshine and a light breeze with temperatures in the seventies. Both of my boys who lived out of state called me to wish me a happy mother's day and we chatted at length. My daughter, her partner and two children came for an afternoon visit. Yesterday life was good, very good.
And the topper of the day was a delicious dinner thanks to my husband who planned a special treat for me in advance. He knows how much I love Baked Stuffed Shrimp so instead of having me make my own recipe he went to the seafood market and purchased their always tasty stuffed shrimp which all you do is pop in the oven and bake! This time they were filled with lobster and crab and the subtle flavor of sherry in the back ground was noted by my pallet. I actually haven't made my own Baked Stuffed shrimp in forever - since I am the only one who eats it between the two of us it's easier just to buy two for special occasions like this. But my recipe is a really good one and not complicated to put together.
Along side the shrimp and drawn butter was a salad with my Thousand Island Dressing and I re-heated some left over Homestyle Rice A Roni to complete the meal. I savored every bite and was absolutely stuffed to the gills when I finished.
This was a great special occasion dinner - if you both like baked stuffed shrimp it makes for a great Date Night Meal when just you and your loved one need some bonding time and quite can't afford to hire a babysitter and an expensive restaurant meal.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts