Thousand Island Dressing
This second image is that of the Chart House. It is no longer the Chart House however the building and inside have been kept in tact and it still is a restaurant.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 sweet Gherkin pickles finely diced
- 1 sweet red pepper - seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk - outer strings removed and finely diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a spoon or use a hand held mixer. This makes 1 quart of dressing and will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, maybe longer if sealed properly.
This recipe makes approximately 6 cups - roughly 48 ounces of dressing. The total cost came to $10.39. You would get three sixteen ounce bottles of dressing if you compare it with store brands. In checking the store prices for a 16 ounce bottle of dressing the price was $3.69 and multiplying it by 3 bottles you would end up forking over $11.07 for a chemically laden dressing. For me, fresh and home made is better!