This second image is that of the Chart House. It is no longer the Chart House however the building and inside have been kept in tact and it still is a restaurant.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 sweet Gherkin pickles finely diced
- 1 sweet red pepper - seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk - outer strings removed and finely diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a spoon or use a hand held mixer. This makes 1 quart of dressing and will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, maybe longer if sealed properly.
This recipe makes approximately 6 cups - roughly 48 ounces of dressing. The total cost came to $10.39. You would get three sixteen ounce bottles of dressing if you compare it with store brands. In checking the store prices for a 16 ounce bottle of dressing the price was $3.69 and multiplying it by 3 bottles you would end up forking over $11.07 for a chemically laden dressing. For me, fresh and home made is better!