I truly do love these cake mix box cookies I have been making. It's fun to come up with different flavor combinations. These Devil's Oatmeal Chocolate Nut Cookies came out so tender and full of chocolate goodness. The yield was 27 cookies and the whole batch cost $4.15.
They will make fabulous Christmas cookie swap cookies (thank you Linda Feldman Shapiro for that suggestion), cookies to leave for Santa or cookies to give away as a very inexpensive gift.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 stick butter - melted
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Scoop out cookies using a 1 1/2" scoop. Lay them on the tray at least one inch apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the tray then move to a cooling rack.