Fire Roasted Red Pepper Burgers


Yum
Just felt like a grilling night to me despite the fact the heat and humidity were quite high. Decided I would make some cheeseburgers and wanted something just a little different. Hence, I decided to make these Fire Roasted Red Pepper Burgers served on these exquisite foccacia rolls from our stores bakery section.
Normally I would have slathered some mayonnaise on the bun but I really am trying to loose more weight, so the mayo was left off. The rolls were heavenly - tasted so good and the burger, extra yummy.
  • 1 lb. ground beef - makes 3 burgers
  • 2-3 roasted red peppers
  • foccacia rolls
  • cheese (I used American - but use any cheese you like)
  • salt to taste
  • black pepper to taste
  1. I separated the meat into three patties and left them rather thick. You may be able to get four burgers if you have them somewhat thinner.
  2. Get your grill smoking hot - that's key to grilling beef.
  3. I use kosher salt on beef - a sprinkling on both sides of the meat along with some freshly ground black pepper.
  4. Grill one side of your burger and when you flip it over, add the sections of roasted red peppers over the top. Grill for a few minutes like that.
  5. When you have about 2 minutes of grilling time left, add on some cheese and cover the grill until the cheese is melted to your liking.
  6. Serve on these rolls for something different. Fill the nooks and crannies with ketchup, mayonnaise or whatever condiment you like to use.


It's simple but the flavor of the roasted peppers with the beef is really good and something just a little different. And I can't say enough about using a different roll like this foccacia roll. Six rolls to a bag for $4.39 is more than I normally pay for "buns" but man was it worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts