This side vegetable was inspired by the wonderful dinner at my daughter's house this past Sunday that included roasted broccoli with garlic and Parmesan cheese. The dish is simple to prepare and I was so happy that I still had part of a giant head of cauliflower to use up. Gorgeous white cauliflower that on it's own tastes sweet and a total bargain at $2.99 for fresh heads that were not in plastic wrapping was aces in making this inexpensive side dish.
You may add minced garlic or granulated garlic to the dish but I felt that the sweeter cauliflower would be better off without it. Garlic went really well with the broccoli because I think the broccoli could handle that strong flavor. Basically just follow your own preferences when making the dish.
- 1 head cauliflower cut in slices (about 3/8 inch)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Foil line a sheet pan and set your oven to 375° to preheat.
- Slice the cauliflower or you can use bulbs of the florets.
- Lightly salt the cauliflower and add freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese over the top then drizzle with olive oil over all of the cauliflower.
- Roast for about an hour until tender, longer if necessary.
The cost for the Roasted Cauliflower is $3.99 based on my savings!