Back when I did a post using Gourmet Warehouse's Cherry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce, they also sent me a container of their Orleans Cajun Spice Rub. We really like it and I am so pleased with how this chicken tastes and how quickly it all comes together.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Cajun spice rub
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
- Wash your chicken in cold water and thoroughly dry with paper towels. Remove any remaining silver skin on the chicken.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap, use the tenderizer end of your meat mallet to break down the connective tissue in the cutlet. You can also pound down the thicker end to make the cutlet a bit more even.
- Once that is done rub a generous amount of the Cajun spice rub over both sides of the chicken and let it sit for a while while you prep the vegetables you will be having along with the chicken.
- When you are ready to cook set a large skillet that has a cover on your stove top over medium high heat and melt the butter and olive oil in the pan until it sizzles.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides for about 1-2 minutes. Turn the heat down to low, add in the chicken broth or water and cover. Cook gently for about 6-8 minutes more and check that the internal temperature of the chicken is at 165° for safety reasons.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Cost: approximately $7.76 (chicken and the side of vegetables)
My package of chicken cost $4.55 back in 2014 and this weeks trip in 2016 it cost $4.75. Shop Rite labeled the chicken as "boneless chicken breast thin slice". With as large as the breasts are you can easily feed four people by cutting them in half.