The zucchini and broccoli gratin goes with just about any protein and would also be nice along side fish. My casserole dish is 9 1/2" x 6 1/2".
- 2 cups zucchini - grated
- 2 cups broccoli - finely chopped (I used fresh but frozen is also fine. Just thaw it out and get the extra liquid out of it by placing in a clean kitchen towel and squeezing out the water.)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Using the blade grind the onion by pulsing until you get a small dice.
- Switch to your shredding blade (or use a box grater) and do the zucchini. Place the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and let rest for a while. Squeeze any excess water out of it prior to it going in the dish.
- While the zucchini is releasing water, put the blade back in the food processor and pulse until the broccoli is finely chopped.
- Clean the processor out and put the shredding blade back in and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Once you have all of the prep done combine the zucchini, broccoli, onion and cream of celery soup, the mayonnaise salt and pepper with 3/4 of the cheese. Mix well to combine. Hands work well.
- Spray your casserole dish with non stick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spread evenly and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven covered with aluminum foil for about 45 minutes to an hour. Uncover and let the cheese get as brown as you'd like it.
Let me say that I was not entirely thrilled with the way the photographs came out for this post. I was loosing daylight and it was difficult to get the right lighting. However I can assure you that this was very, very good. I truly hope you enjoy making this for your family.