Slow Cooker Yankee Pot Roast
To find out to create some left over make over meals with pot roast please visit this page: Pot Roast Dinner and Beyond.
- 3 1/4 lb. bottom round
- salt to taste
- granulated garlic to taste
- onion powder to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion - in large chunks
- 2 medium carrots - in large chunks (or 4 large carrots peeled and cut in slices optional)
- 2 stalks celery - in large chunks
- 1 lb. red potatoes (in chunks) - optional
- 1 can Campbells® beef broth
- 1 can water
- gravy master® - a few drops
- olive oil
- Season the beef with the salt, pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder on all sides. In a deep wide skillet over medium high heat add in just enough oil to coat the pan. Let this get hot. Sear the beef on all sides for about 2 minutes on the bottom and top and about a minute on the other sides. When seared add to the crock pot.
- To the roast add in the vegetables, the can of broth and water and the gravy master®. Pop the lid on, set it to low and leave it to do its' thing.
- When you arrive home, remove the roast and cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove the carrots, onion and celery from the cooking liquid and transfer the liquid to a sauce pot to make gravy.