Easy Cheddar Biscuits




Yum When I was growing up there was a staple item in my mother's pantry - Bisquick. It was the everything you need in a box to make pancakes, waffles, dumplings or biscuits and she used it quite often. You see mom was as I see it now how I am; not much of a baker with lots of baking skills but a really good home cook. So when I was doing a version of her stewed chicken I decided that instead of dumplings I would make some cheddar biscuits after discovering that I too had a box of Bisquick in the cupboard.



The cheddar runs through the biscuit and some of the cheddar bakes on the surface of the biscuit as well to give it a nice bite of flavor. Plain, buttered or used to sop up delicious sauces or gravies these easy biscuits will be welcomed by the family at so many meals. And for eight filling biscuits it cost you approximately $3.95. Get your oven preheated to 425° and in the time it takes to preheat you can whip these together in minutes.
  • 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter - melted
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese
  1. In a bowl combine the Bisquick, milk and melted butter and mix together until combined.
  2. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
  3. Drop on a parchment lined baking sheet by heaping spoonfuls. You should get eight total. Spread them apart by 1 1/4 inches so they don't spread and bake together.
  4. Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.





Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts