Yum Easy baking is the route I like to go and this recipe is not only easy, it's inexpensive. My total cost was $3.12! This easy sweet green chilli cornbread is great to serve along side chili, hot dogs and any thing else you can think of. A great snack on it's own with some butter or soft cream cheese.
- 1 - 8.5 oz. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 - 4.5 oz. can green chopped chillies
- Crisco shortening
- In a medium sized bowl mix all of the ingredients together using a whisk or spoon.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes then pour into paper lined muffin tins or a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1/2 hour then remove the loaf from the pan.
This loaf is just a little sweet and the green chillies give it a touch of heat. I loved the flavor and loved that it was inexpensive and came together in less than five minutes and baked up in 20 minutes.