Years ago in our area the small chain of steak houses, The Chart House was a popular spot to go for the best ever steak and they served these beautiful button mushrooms for a side. I have recreated a version of steak house mushrooms as we got a real deal today on two beautiful T-bone steaks and I am craving a good steak house dinner tonight. Baked potatoes and a side salad will round out this wonderful meal.
This is a very easy side dish and only cost $3.95 to put together and lucky for me mushrooms were on sale as well. Marsala wine is something I like to cook with so I generally have it on hand. It lasts for a long time and cost somewhere around $9.00 a bottle.
- 1 - 10 oz. pkg. white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. Gravy Master®
- salt and black pepper to taste
- It is important to have a nice wide skillet to give those mushrooms room to brown up nicely and the Gravy Master® helps with that. Heat your skillet over medium high heat. Let the pan get hot then add in the butter.
- When the butter foams up add in the mushrooms and toss in the butter.
- Next, add in the gravy master and carefully roll the mushroom around in it and then turn the heat down to medium. Add in the fresh thyme leaves, some salt and pepper to taste.
- De-glaze the pan with the Marsala. Stir the mushrooms and cook them for just a few minutes until softened and the Marsala reduces a bit.