Many, many years ago I was getting frustrated with the high price of a garlic and herb cheese spread on the market. What I did was purchase it and literally with tweezers pick apart what was in that commercial spread as the ingredients were not listed specifically. So with tweezers and my palette I detected exactly what went into the spread and came up with this recipe.
This is absolutely so easy to make and I got my cream cheese (Philadelphia) on sale for 99¢ making this incredible spreads cost approximately $1.40. Can you believe it? You now pay between $5.00 - $6.00 in the stores. To heck with that - make it at home.
This flavorful and creamy spread is wonderful at any gathering. Your guests will love the blend of garlic and herbs and it will become a favorite recipe to make time and again.
- 1-8 oz. bar cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 to 2 tbsp. half and half
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a spoon or use a hand held mixer. Add in additional half and half to achieve the consistency you like.
- Serve with crackers, bread sticks or vegetables.