Cupcakes with Silky Butter Cream Cheese Frosting



Beautiful white vanilla cupcakes with some silky butter cream cheese frosting are perfect for those who feel intimidated by baking. Although I possess the skills in the kitchen to pull off the cooking end of the food spectrum, baking has always daunted me and so I often rely on Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines to get me out of a jam when I need some dessert. I no longer have a problem with making home made frosting's and when you make this frosting you'll agree. It's silky, smooth and just the right amount of sweetness.

I decided to pull out my piping bag and do a little practicing with cupcake decorating. Unfortunately I still need lots and lots of practice! Since Easter is only a week away I thought that I would make the frosting the color of baby chicks. The color is just right and the frosting is delicious.
  • 1 box white cake mix (3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup water)
  • 1 - 8 oz. bar cream cheese softened 
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 2 tbsp. softened butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 drops yellow food coloring
  • 1 tbsp. milk (maybe a touch more)
  1. Get your box mix put together according to box directions.
  2. Bake the cupcakes and then allow to cool completely before frosting.
  3. In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, vanilla using an electric beater.
  4. Add in the confectioner's sugar and beat on low speed. Add in the milk and butter and mix well. Add just a tad more milk if need be to make it smooth.
  5. Last, add in the food coloring and mix well to blend it all together. Put the frosting on the cupcakes by hand or use a piping bag.


Go ahead play around. I think I am going to get another tip and continue my cupcake decorating quest until I have something I am super proud of. But for now I'll settle for delicious, creamy frosting.


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts