Beaching it the rest of the summer and want to head out early with the kids? Take your breakfast to go and enjoy them picnic style at the beach or if you don't mind let the kids eat them in the car if you are traveling a ways to get to your beach destination. And these make a terrific at home breakfast too!
Johnsonville® Breakfast Buddies are the perfect to go breakfast as they are wrapped in aluminum foil to stay warm and the foil acts as a nice holder. Wrapped up neatly in a flour tortilla filled with delicious Johnsonville® sausage, slices of apple and scrambled eggs.
You might have teenagers who insist on skipping out on breakfast with the family so these are a way to give them a solid breakfast to go. After all, breakfast is the meal that fuels the bodies furnace and gives their brains the ability to absorb what they need to learn. Studies have shown that kids who do not eat breakfast have a tendency to not do well in school. So fire up their furnaces with Johnsonville® Breakfast Buddies!
- 7 Johnsonville® Breakfast Links
- 5 Flour Tortillas
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 apples - thinly sliced
- Cook the sausage in a fry pan. When the sausage is ready - drain on paper towel, then move to a cutting board and cut up in small bite sized pieces.
- Make your scrambled egg mixture. Whisk together the eggs and milk and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice some apple really thin and leave on that healthy skin. Cover so they don't turn brown.
- In a frying pan begin to scramble the eggs and add in the cut up sausage. Scramble until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds if they seem stiff, then lay them down on your work surface.
- Add some of the scrambled egg and sausage and top with slices of apple.
- Roll up by folding over the bottom edge, then the sides and continue to roll burrito style.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil for a breakfast to go. The aluminum foil will help keep them warm.