This dessert recipe is very simple, comes together quickly and bakes in about an hour. It's just a delightful way to use the nice fresh ripe peaches ~ and in our family we love cheesecake. I had the pre-made graham cracker crust I had picked up so I used it in this recipe. By all means use your own graham cracker crust recipe instead. I chose to not peel my peaches and cut them up fairly small. I like the skin on the peach.
- 2 - 8 oz. bars cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 4 peaches -pit removed
- Prepare the peaches. Save a half of a peach and leave the skin on for garnishing the dessert later on. Otherwise you can leave them un-peeled or peel them, remove the pit (stone) and dice small.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat again. Then add half of the sugar and beat well and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add the remaining sugar and beat on high speed until incorporated, scraping the sides.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Fold in the diced peaches.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie shell and smooth out.
- Place the filled pie on a baking sheet and bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour or until firm. Allow to cool completely.
- Add some slices of fresh peach on top for garnish.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Just look at the nice bits of peaches running all through the cheesecake. Gosh this is good.
And we happily devoured a couple of slices!