I think that my mother found this recipe perhaps in a newspaper many years ago and we always enjoyed this as a special treat during the holidays. It's a very simple recipe but it tastes decadent and rich and I must admit I find this dip very addictive.
This recipe was recorded on the blog when I first began and lumped in with some other favorite recipes from my youth. My sister and niece also have the recipe and they too think it's pretty darn tasty! I love it with potato chips; however served with veggies like strips of pepper, celery or carrot would be great as well. Spread it on your favorite cracker - it doesn't matter, you'll just love it.
- 1 - 6 oz.can crab meat
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a spoon or use a hand held mixer.
- Chill for at least one hour and then serve with chips, crackers, bread sticks or vegetables.
- Keep any left overs refrigerated. Lasts up to 5-6 days in the refrigerator.
The overall cost of this wasn't as bad as you might think. I decide to make a double batch and figured the cost to be: $7.81, not including the chips. It certainly makes quite a bit of dip. Obviously if you make a single batch the cost is about $3.90.