Pineapple,Orange Smoothie

Starting the year off with a two ingredient smoothie ~ a path to better health and weight loss.

It's a brand new year and a time to start looking at a personal weight loss goal. One of the things I have never liked since childhood was to eat first thing in the morning, so for me this is going to present a huge obstacle to overcome. The way I am gracefully edging in a breakfast routine is to make smoothies.
This two ingredient smoothie is really delicious and it doesn't take long to whip up. I had an on sale pineapple that was ripe so I decided to start my smoothie routine with that. Pineapple and some orange juice. Easy. Peasy.
  • 1 cup (liquid measure) Dole diced pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • fresh pineapple for garnish (optional)
  1. Place both ingredients in your blender and use the smoothie button to puree. That's it.
I hope to come up with some other smoothies I might enjoy and when I do, I'll pass them along. If you are like me (and I could be the most oddball person about breakfast), you'll want to begin your path to feeling better about yourself by making small adjustments to your diet. My first adjustment is to get into a routine of eating something good for breakfast - even if it's just a little bit.

In the last day or so I had a good blogging friend (Mary of Bunny's Warm Oven) recommend going gluten free as a way to help shed some pounds. Mary gave me a link to a superb article about gluten and how the gluten of today is far, far different than the gluten of more than 50 years ago. The wheat has been genetically modified and instead of being what nature intended for our bodies, the gluten in flours and hence bread, etcetera is not good for us. Even if your body is not sensitive to gluten (as in Celiac Disease), you should consider checking into going gluten free in as many areas as possible. Here's the link to the article.

This year I won't just be looking at labels for sodium levels, but I will be checking them a lot closer to make sure I am ingesting only the best and natural ingredients. Tell me what your goal is for this year. Have you set a goal? How will you try and keep that goal alive?


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts