And did I mention the garlic? Yeah, there's a wee bit of that in there too. This quick and easy zucchini saute will pair well with any protein, whether it's seafood or meat. Be sure to pick out the "young" zucchini as you'll deal with less seeds and have more of the meat of the zucchini.
- 3 young zucchini - sliced on the thin side
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes - halved (or cherry)
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1 good pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Parmesan cheese
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Then add in the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Next add in the zucchini and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Keep flipping the pan or stirring. You are quickly sauteing up the ingredients.
- To the pan add in the red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese and saute for about 5 minutes, flipping (like the chefs do) or stirring.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. You don't have to cook the tomatoes to completely softened. You just want them warmed through and maybe get a wee bit of color on the skin.
Cook time: 6-7 minutes
I like the kick of the red pepper flake in the dish and the flavor added by the Parmesan. I went light on the Parmesan too because I have to be careful with sodium. Quick and easy and very tasty. Plus it's frugal as all get out. With all ingredients it cost about $3.18 to make!
For something quick, easy, delicious and frugal look to the humble zucchini!