A while back I picked up a bunch of cake mixes when our store had a 10 for 10 sale. Makes sense, right? These easy to put together cookies didn't cost much to make and from start to finish I had cookies made, baked and everything cleaned up in about 40 minutes.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Devil's Food)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 stick butter - melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I used a hand held mixer to pull these all together, but you certainly can use a wooden spoon.
- Using a 2 inch scoop, drop cookies on a large baking sheet about 1 1/2 - 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes. When you insert the toothpick the batter should not be looking wet.
Cook time: 14-16 minutes
Yield: 10 Big Daddy cookies
You can opt to use a smaller scoop of course making your cookie yield larger, just be sure to adjust down the baking time.
These puffed up nicely and while I am writing this post I am thinking these would be great to make your own ice cream sandwiches!
If you would like to pin this easy recipe, use any one of the photographs above or this one below: