The UTEN Multifunction Food Chopper is a product I was asked to review and share with my readers. Upon testing the product on a couple of different items I can honestly say this is a handy, inexpensive little gadget. If you want to see how it performed, please keep reading.
First item up to test was an onion. I use lots of onion in my cooking and sometimes I am not in the mood to chop them by hand and yet I don't want to pull out my rather heavy mini food processor or use my large Kitchen Aide food processor. That's where I think this small, easy to use chopper will be a blessing. It's small, lightweight and yet seems to get the job done pretty well.
There's a cord that you pull to make the blades spin. (It reminded me of trying to start a lawn mower, but with much better success!) This was after the recommended 5 spins for rough, coarse or chunky cuts
And these next photos are a depiction of the onion after 10 spins for a finer cut:
Next I tackled the carrot - something harder and more dense. This I had to spin 10 times and it was just a bit more difficult to pull on the first couple of spins, but did get easier.
My evaluation overall:
- I like that it is lightweight and small which makes it perfect for folks who don't have a lot of counter space for a large processor or storage space for kitchen gadgets and I think we'll end up using this often.
- The time it took to perform the chopping was quick.
- The price is so much lower than a food processor and this does a great job.
- Clean up is easy - just warm water and soap.
- The only thing I did not like was the bowl. I wish the bowl was completely smooth on the inside instead of how it is made. Having those pockets on the side made it more difficult to get the product out.
My readers can follow the link below and receive the product for $9.99 during the next three days. The normal price through Amazon is $16.99, so this is a real deal.