Proud Mary Cocktail ~ the hair of the dog gets a make over.
John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater) composed a great song in Proud Mary, later recorded by Tina Turner which became one of her signature songs. A compilation of different songs, Proud Mary was about a washer woman who left a good job in the city and was rollin' on the river in Bayou Country. My inspiration for this Proud Mary Cocktail derived from the association to the song Proud Mary and where it all took place.
Everything I love about a Bloody Mary is in the mix from Stirrings - tomato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire; it's all there in one great mix. All you need is some vodka and perhaps a wedge of lemon or lime and you are all set. But why stop there when you can create a really great brunch cocktail - the Proud Mary Cocktail. It's easy, fast and tasty.
- Stirrings Bloody Mary Mix
- Stirrings Bloody Mary Rimmer
- lemon wedges
- Andouille sausage
- Cajun spice rub
- Slice the Andouille sausage and quickly fry up in a skillet until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Peel and de-vein your shrimp. Toss the shrimp in some Cajun seasoning and in the same pan you sauteed the Andouille, cook the shrimp, turning after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes until done. Move to a waiting plate.
- Assemble on medium skewers: Shrimp, Andouille, alternating.
- Take a lemon wedge and rub along the rim of the glass then dip in the stirrings rimmer.
- To the glass add a shot of vodka and the Stirrings Bloody Mary Mix.
- Add a slice of celery to each glass with a wedge of lemon, then add a shrimp/Andouille skewer to each glass.
For where to purchase this Bloody Mary mix and other mixes and rimmers from Stirring products, please visit one of these locations:
- Total Wine & More
- Stew Leonard’s
- M&R Wine & Spirits
- Liquor Depot
- Coastal Wine & Spirits
- Amity Wine & Spirits
To check out Stirrings on social media, please visit them at: