I often wondered why he's so addicted and if it is a true addiction or something I just labelled him with. Turns out chocolate is addictive and there's been research on it. I found an interesting article here that talks about chocolate and cravings in men and women and I know there are other sites that have research information as well. All I know is, he has to have chocolate and if he doesn't he can be a bit cranky so I try and keep something chocolate in the house at all times!
I love cake mixes; nowadays they are downright moist and delicious! Also, baking isn't my jam as much as cooking so a cake mix is as easy as it gets for me. However I think the shelf frostings pale in comparison to a homemade frosting. So from scratch frosting it is - Silky Chocolate Mocha Frosting!
- 1 bar cream cheese - room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 4 tbsp. butter - softened
- 6 tbsp. regular brewed coffee (or 4 tbsp. espresso)
- Let your cream cheese soften to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese and blend with the butter.
- Add in the cocoa, sugar and coffee and mix on low until it starts to come together and increase the mixer speed to medium to finish incorporating until you have a smooth frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes or cake.