Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

 AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES


Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes - light, fluffy, full of berries - the best buttermilk blueberry pancakes you and your family will thoroughly enjoy whether it's weekend brunch or weeknight meal time.


Who doesn't love pancakes? There are so many ways to make them with all sorts of ingredients added in, but my favorite is blueberry pancakes. I had some blueberries in the refrigerator that needed to be used so making blueberry pancakes made perfect sense.

My husband loves them too and he was beyond thrilled when I told him I was making him Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes. The original buttermilk recipe was given to me by a good blogging friend Mary. Her website is Bunny's Warm Oven and she bakes the most delicious treats! I've tweaked the recipe just a tad as I need to watch sugar and sodium intake. I hope you and your family enjoy the Best Clueberry Buttermilk Pancakes!

  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 cups buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup butter - melted
  • 2 tbsp. white sugar
  • 3  tsp. baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
  • oil
  1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, butter milk and melted butter.
  3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium low heat. Lightly oil the surface.
  4. Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Don't over mix. Fold in the blueberries.
  5. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter onto your griddle and cook the first side until the edges and center bubble and the cake is browned. Flip over and cook for another minute or so until the second side is browned and the pancake is cooked through.
  6. Serve hot with some butter and maple syrup.

The recipe makes about a dozen pancakes. I used my 4 ounce ladle to scoop out the batter onto my trusty non-stick Calphalon Griddle. You can find a ladle by following the link. The griddle holds more than a skillet and is great for applications like making pancakes, French toast or latkes. If you are looking for a griddle you can check out the griddle that I have been using for years. Just follow this link to the griddle.


Don't these blueberry buttermilk pancakes look scrumptious?
They were so delicious I ate more than I normally would.



Feeding your family on a budget isn't easy and I understand that all too well. We raised three kids and lived (and still do) paycheck to paycheck. However these Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes won't break the bank. My total cost was $6.73 and my yield was a dozen pancakes. Please enjoy this recipe!




Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts