Easy Side Dish: Asparagus Fries
AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES
Easy Side Dish: Asparagus Fries goes with seafood, beef, pork or poultry meals. Asparagus are baked with a crunchy coating of Parmesan-Reggiano and panko bread crumbs for a delicious side dish recipe.
- 1 lb. fresh Asparagus
- 2 eggs and 1 tbsp. water
- 1-1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste.
- optional: parchment paper and zip lock bags
- Preheat your oven to 425°.
- Prep your asparagus. Remove the tough ends by snapping the asparagus as it will break naturally. Once you find that you can just cut the rest of the bunch with a knife as you have your guide.
- Blitz the panko bread crumbs in your food processor to make them finer.
- In a bowl, dish or zip lock bag add the asparagus, the olive oil and a liberal amount of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Set up a breading station: beaten eggs and water in one dish and the panko mixed with the cheese in another dish or a zip lock bag.
- Dip the oiled asparagus in the egg wash letting excess fall off.
- Roll in the panko and cheese mixture.
- Lay the asparagus on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.