Chocolate Fudge Cake



As I am not a great baker, Betty Crocker® is my Best Friend Forever, really and truly she is. Keeping my chocoholic husband (as I've mentioned before) happy with inexpensive chocolate fixes had led to baking cakes lately. That's how I came up with my Chocolate Frosting recipe which we both love because it's not really super sweet but it is delicious and chocolaty. 
Last week I made a chocolate cake in a spring form pan then cut it in two layers (Yes, I know lazy.) When I got the mix into the pan I discovered I did not add in the eggs. I plopped them in the pan and using my electric mixer finished the mixing job right in the pan.
What I discovered was that rather than plop the eggs, oil and water in with the mix and beating together, if you beat the mix oil and water until all incorporated then add the eggs and beat it well, you get a cake that rises better, is more moist and is lighter in texture. Now don't ask me to explain the science of it because I can't.
A mistake that turned into a blessing is all I know. So if this little tidbit helps make a Betty Crocker® box mix better, I'm all for it.


 Do you see what I mean? Look how much is gone!


Comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts