My previous recipe for Moore's using this great product was Moore's Buffalo Ranch Vegetable Dip. I think it is outrageously good. Today I used the same product to make this extremely delicious version of a grilled cheese sandwich. It will be entered in a contest at MyFoodies.com and I am hoping that this will grab some attention.
The key to a really good grilled cheese involves just a few things.
- Use real butter.
- Use a good bread to fit the type of grilled cheese.
- Cover the skillet so the cheese melts really well.
- Be sure the bread is buttery and crispy - that texture is everything! When you tap on the bread you can tell if it has the right texture and when you bite into it there should be a crunch.
The recipe is for one sandwich, but obviously you can make as many as you would like by doubling or tripling ingredients.
- 1 chicken cutlet
- 2-3 slices bacon ( I used the microwave to be quick without mess.)
- 2 slices ciabatta bread (or any bread of choice)
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp. butter - room temperature
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- If you are using fairly thick cutlets, pound them down first. I used one cutlet for this sandwich.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook up the bacon until it's how you like it. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Slice your cheese if you did not buy pre sliced pieces.
- Have your bread sliced if you are using bread other than sliced bread.
- Get a skillet hot over medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and the cutlet and saute for about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes on the first side. Then flip over.
- Cook on the second side for 1 more minute and add in the Moore's Sauce. Turn heat to medium low and swirl chicken in the sauce, coating both sides. Remove chicken to a plate. I sliced mine in half due to the size of the ciabatta bread
- Assembly: Bread, chicken with sauce, bacon, cheese and bread.
- Get the same skillet hot over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt then add the sandwich to the pan.
- Place a lid on the skillet and cook the grilled cheese until golden brown and crispy on the bottom side. Flip over and grill the other side until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice and enjoy!
Grill time: 4 minutes
I am really impressed with the overall flavor and texture of this grilled cheese sandwich. It's got that nice gentle kick from the sauce, crispy bacon, gooey cheese and lovely chicken inside of buttery and crispy ciabatta bread. It's a sandwich you can really sink your teeth into and enjoy bite after bite.
If you want to check out the MOORE'S BUFFALO RANCH VEGETABLE DIP, follow the link.